Purpose: Respecting your Privacy
In this Policy a “Client” ”Customer” includes any individual who requests, applied for or has been supplied with, products or services by Bryson & Associates including any other individual for whom the client/customer has acted as agent, guardian or representative.
Bryson & Associates only collects, uses and discloses Personal information for the following purpose;
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers, insurance companies or other insurers;
- Analyzing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis;
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
- Investigating claims;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- Compiling statistics;
- Compiling with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies or insurers
Your knowledge and consent of Bryson & Associate’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal information practices;
- Your voluntary provision of Personal information directly to Bryson & Associates or through an insurance company or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to Bryson & Associates);
- Your express consent or acknowledgment contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by Bryson & Associates (or our affiliated companies or insurers) for the specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Bryson & Associates will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent.
In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal information or withdrawing consent for Bryson & Associates to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing initiatives by us or our affiliates for products or services unrelated to your insurance coverage, please call us at 1-905-426-8787.
Limiting Collection and Retention of Personal Information
Bryson & Associates will collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. We will retain Personal Information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purpose or legal requirements.
Bryson & Associates will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Bryson & Associates will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access
If you are not satisfied with Bryson & Associates response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.ga.ca.