How do you run a profitable trucking company?
Nuclear verdicts, rising insurance rates, depressed used truck pricing, difficult macro and micro economics and countless other curve balls make it difficult to run profitably. However, this is where the doom and gloom ends and opportunities start for the savvy transportation professional.
Key learnings discussed in this webinar include:
- Critical differences between highly profitable carriers in 2019 from those that were in the red;
- The importance of clear operational and financial metrics that can be understood by anyone in the organization;
- How to bring in line-item accountability and responsibility;
- The power of leveraging the ‘what’s in it for me?’ mentality;
- How to keep a culture of profitability alive within your organization.
Chris Henry has spent his entire 20-year career in transportation. In 2014, he founded the online motor carrier benchmarking service StakUp.
As a result of a partnership with the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) in 2015, StakUp was rebranded as inGauge and Henry became the program manager for the TCA Profitability Program (TPP), an exclusive benchmarking initiative that includes more than 230 motor carrier participants throughout North America.
Since joining the program, participation in TPP has grown over 300%. In June 2019, StakUp was acquired by FreightWaves and Henry became its vice president of carrier profitability, in addition to his role with TPP.