Developing a better understanding of the Bill of Lading is essential for transportation professionals.
Topics discussed include:
- What is the difference between the shipper or carrier issuing a Bill of Lading?
- What is a declared value shipment and what is the intent behind it?
- What are the best carrier practices when dealing with a declared value Bill of Lading?
- What are some best practices for carriers carrying temperature dependent cargo to minimize risk?
- What should a driver do when they are not able to view the shipment loaded?
- What common claims does Shubham see that he believes should be easily preventable?
Get in touch with our transportation insurance department today.
About the Presenter: Shubham Gupta
Since immigrating to Canada in 2012, Shubham Gupta has held various positions as a claims professional, working for a broker, an insurer and two adjusting firms. Currently, as an independent claims consultant, he is associated with SIAdvisers Consulting & Solutions Inc., providing claims adjusting services. He specializes in Motor Truck Cargo Legal Liability and Commercial General Liability Claims. He is a published author of a book titled “Understanding the basics of Liability Claims – an adjuster’s perspective”, and also blogs about Canadian Caselaw at 4theloveofinsurance.com.