HR professional, Corette Miller of newINITIATIVES HR., joined us to tackle a difficult and emotional conversation many HR professionals and business leaders are having today because of the impact of COVID-19. How do employers manage layoffs and benefit programs as a result of COVID-19?
Questions answered include:
- Can an employee be temporary laid off due to shortage of work during the COVID-19 crisis?
- Does an employer have to provide written notice with a recall date?
- What is the importance of a Record of Employment?
- How does it impact company benefits?
- Can a layoff be considered a termination?
Have HR related questions you would like us to answer? Email them to email@example.com