Over the past few weeks many of us have experienced drastic changes in our day-to-day work and personal lives. Whatever business and personal plans we had have halted as we focus in on a new reality. In this, though many individuals and families are now actively self-isolating we are coming together in new ways both at work and in the community. Mo Willems sums it up nice in his new self-isolation Youtube show “Lunch Doodles”… isolated but together.
While this is an extremely serious situation for everyone it is important to bring moments of lightness to our day. Here is a list of fun and fascinating things our team is finding popping up since self-isolating became a thing.
Ideas for add to our list? Email Kyle at email@example.com.
We will keep updating so come back for updates.
Fun & Fascinating :
- Live Streaming Concerts - From John Legend to Andrew Lloyd Webber to Keith Urban to Yo-Yo Ma to the Dropkick Murphys the list goes on and on and continues to grow.
- Nick Heath "Sport" Commentary - Rugby commentator with no sports to commentate on is still honing his craft.
- Ripley’s Shark Cam - it is rather peaceful watching these sharks at least.
- Ripley’s Penguin Cam - the penguins are cute and clumsy.
- Marbula One Racing - it's what it sounds like but you really need to see it to believe it... the good news? Sports are back!
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems - we find this to be quite fascinating and fun... even if it is intended for a much younger audience
- Listening to World Chess Champion Magnus Carlson commentate on his own live chess games - even if you do not know how to play chess it is neat to hear how a Grand Master plays the game.
- Warren Buffett's Secret Millionaires Club - a second one for kids... but Warren Buffett made a cartoon series for children that shares a lot of his ageless wisdom for everyone!
- Virtual Roller Coasters at Canada's Wonderland - this actually can get the ol' ticker to skip a beat
- Beachbody with a 14-day trial - get us up and moving with weight-free and easy-to-difficult workouts we can do indoors
- Slumber - stories that will help you doze right off into lala land
- Netflix Party - this idea came from one of our clients. Install the Google Chrome extension, send the video link to your friends and family... and chat as you watch (need to watch using a laptop/computer)
- Facebook Video Chat / Google Hangouts / Facetime / ZOOM with friends/family
- Family Feud and other types of online games to play with family/friends