Do you have a child studying abroad or out-of-province? Protect your child from unexpected medical costs with Travel Insurance.
Congratulations on your child’s continued education. Taking the leap to study out-of-province is a big one and we want to make sure you feel good knowing your child’s health coverage is not a worry for you or them.
Outside of your province of resident, your health care coverage may fall short. Our Ontario health plan may only cover a small portion of the total medical bills incurred outside of Ontario. For very reasonable rates your can look at your child with Student Travel Insurance.
If left unprotected, these out-of-pocket expenses can add up. But with Student Travel Insurance, your child can be covered from unexpected medical expenses in a foreign country or out-of-province at a very reasonable rate.
As an aside, if your child is covered under your group health plan, remember to check the policy to see if it covers medical costs for out-of-province studies. If not, contact Bryson Insurance today to learn more about Student Travel Insurance.
While provincial health insurance does move with your child throughout Canada, you may want to take a moment to see how supplemental coverage will give you and your child the peace-of-mind you both deserve.
Will the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) cover unexpected medical expenses that occur out-of-province?
Things like physician visits or hospital charges in the event of an unforeseen sickness is generally covered. But things like dental emergencies, medical transportation back to Ontario, ambulance services, and some prescription drugs may require supplemental coverage.
What is covered by supplemental health coverage is available for Ontario students traveling out-of-province?
There are numerous coverage options available with supplemental health insurance for your child studying out-of-province. We took a moment to highlight some of the more important benefits and ones often overlooked by families sending their children abroad. Many with this coverage today are specifically comforted by some of the travel benefits (bringing your child home or bringing a family member out to be with your child).
Here are some of the coverage benefits.:
- Hospitalization covers hospital room and board charges.
- Medical Services covers the cost of treatment by physician or surgeon
- Diagnostic Services covers the cost of x-rays and other diagnostic testing
- Out-patient Treatment covers the cost of out-patient emergency room charges
- Prescription Drugs covers the cost of prescription drugs and medication prescribed in an emergency situation
- Ambulance Travel covers the cost to use an ambulance and be transported back home to Ontario
- Family to Bedside brings a family member to your child’s bedside
- Accidental Dental covers the cost of repair to teeth and relief from pain
- And more… for a full list connect with us today.
We strongly recommend talking with one of our licensed professionals to see how this peace-of-mind policy would impact you and your family. Email our team at email@example.com, or call us at 1-800-661-5196